Human Centered Design is a process and framework of cultivating empathy for end users, interpreting and framing problems they experience, creative solution generation, and continuous iteration and testing. Our 'Human Centered Design for Place Organizations' workshop is designed specifically for place-based organizations so that they may foster a culture of impact and doing. Human Centered Design is about moving forward and responding to changing ideals, expectations, needs, and wants. In order to truly thrive, your organization needs both a clear sense of direction while simultaneously finding ways to bring about forward movement and change.
This hands-on workshop is led by Ryan Short, CEO of CivicBrand. Ryan has led the CivicBrand team for over 13 years, has been published on Forbes.com, regularly speaks on topics of place, is the host of the 'Eyes on the Street' podcast, and is trained in facilitating Human Design by Pratt Institute.
- Surface ideas and direction for your organization
- How to apply human centered design principles to tackle place-based challenges
- Learn techniques to foster a culture of doing
- Methods for understanding and framing problems
- Discover how to tell a compelling story to engage audiences
- Identify new ways to serve and support people by uncovering latent needs, behaviors, and desires